I haven't been able to post anything for a while, we've been so busy lately.
Tuesday was my hubby's day off and we were so excited that we could watch the inauguration together as a family. It was such an amazing experience to share with my daughter. I thought that we should have a really, really nice special breakfast for a very special occasion so I made blueberry pancakes from scratch with some homemade blueberry syrup and an egg scramble that had everything you could possibly imagine in it. It was sooo good!
After breakfast we all cuddled together and watched the inauguration, and I thought my heart was going to leap out of my chest! I was filled with so much joy! I managed to hold it together until President Obama made his amazing speech. Then I lost it! I loved his speech! It was so inclusive, and moving. I still cannot believe that I was able to witness such a monumental event in history. To me, it's like everyone who has fought the battle against hate and discrimination, everyone who has lost their lives, it's like it was a vindication of all of those who suffered and fought for their rights. Simply amazing.
After the inauguration, we decided to go out to dinner. We went to The California Pizza Kitchen at the Gateway. I thought it was such a waste! I've made much better pizzas at home that cost next to nothing. That's what happens when we haven't gone out to eat in a month and then decide to. I've learned my lesson. We then headed over to Gymboree to get some hair accessories for Leah for spring, and then over to Build a Bear to get Leah her very first bear! My sister has invited us to go before for her daughter's birthday party (thanks Aunt Angie for always including her) but We couldn't make it, so when Leah walked in those doors for the first time she just lit up! It was so sweet!
We got her a Valentine's day bear and she loves it! I really need to post some pics of my sweet baby girl and her new favorite stuffed animal. We definitely need to take her there more often. We had a really great time together! Well, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll be able to post more.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Glad you guys had a nice, special day together. I am so behind on my posts that I am overwhelmed and keep procrastinating posting, but its just getting worse!!!
Post a Comment