I decided that I would try, much emphasis on try, to post a gratitude post every now and then about one specific thing that I am grateful for. I was originally going to do this every Sunday, but due to the fact that I like to use my Sundays to spend time with my family and do other sabbath day activities, I will try to post one every week up until Thanksgiving or who knows, maybe I'll even make it a regular thing.
Here it goes.
I am very grateful for our new Bishopric. They were called and set apart today, and I love,love,love our new Bishop, Bishop Beutler. His daughter Alicia is one of oldest and dearest friends. She came down all the way from Provo to see Leah get blessed. I just love that family and their warmth and kindness throughout the years that I've known them. I also really like the counselors as well. I'm also grateful for our former bishop and 1st and 2nd conselors and ward clerk. I love them and I love thier sweet families. I truly do have such great respect for for the men who hold that calling and their families. For the trials and tribulations and just the sheer weight on their shoulders that accompanies them is, for lack of a better word, incredible. And I know with all of my heart that those callings come from God. I am so grateful to be part of something as extraordinary as this church. And I'm also grateful for all those wonderful examples that I have around me to keep me on the straight and narrow.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sooo I have taken it upon myself to visit your blog lol. I got your link through your profile on my link yadda yadda hope you don't mind ;) Im really happy for you and your new bishopric I hope it will be a good fit for your ward and family I know it's been a long time coming! Love your blog and getting to know a few things i didn't know before :) Your a very good writer and i really enjoy reading your posts! Love ya ash!
I love gratitude posts. I have a friend from down here who posts a Thankful Thursday post, obviously every Thursday. I've been thinking what a great idea it is, so maybe I will jump on the band wagon too.
I am happy that you're excited for your new bishopric, I hope they're the perfect fit for you and your family.
Post a Comment