Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween fun and more ...

We've been so busy lately, that I've not had a moment to take a breath, let alone try to find time to post anything!

Saturday we were invited to a Halloween party thrown by my sister in law, Kim. Of course, we were late due to Chris' work schedule, so we missed out on some really fun stuff. But, non the less we had fun, and Leah looked so damn cute in her little ladybug costume!
I'm so glad that that's what we finally decided to have her be.
I still cannot get over how beautiful she looked. I tried to get her and her cousins to get a picture together, but it just wasn't going to happen that way. So this was the best that I could do.


Leah with her cousin Ry




Kim, Branden, and Alaina

And on Tuesday I went to my very first Young Women's activity as a YW advisor. We did a craft and it was so much fun! It's a cute earring holder. The glue didn't dry properly and I got a really horrible brush to paint with, and on top of that, one of the girls that was sitting next to me is kind of a special needs girl and decided to pour black paint on my frame, so I have to touch it up a bit, but other than that I like the way it turned out.

I painted it to match the colors in my bedroom.

I love the other ladies that are advisers and leaders. One of the ladies there I actually grew up with and love her to pieces!. The only sad part about the whole thing is that we don't have very many girls that are active. When I was in YW we had tons of girls and it really made such a difference in the atmosphere and especially at girls camp.

Regardless of how many girls we have, I'm still so excited about getting to know them better and hopefully form a bond, and help them in the ways that my YW leaders helped me. In fact, they made all the difference in my life. Though some have moved away, the lessens they taught me, the time the devoted to their calling, the love and acceptance that poured from every fiber of their being, and the very best memories that they helped me make, saved me. I truly believe that their calling came from God. And that helped make me who am I today.

If I can be even the smallest fraction of the wonderful example that those sisters were to me... I could sleep a little easier knowing that those girls knew their true worth in a world where society is often telling young girls otherwise. I hope I can be the person they need.

1 comment:

kim said...

I don't know why I haven't seen your last few posts yet. First congrats on your calling, I loved being a young womens leader. Second, love your earing holder and I think it looks good. Last, but definitely not least I think Leah made a very beautiful lady bug